My goal has been to spend more time exploring Saskatchewan and this past summer I was able to fit in a couple short trips in the southwest part of our province. There are a lot of cool options when deciding on accommodations. Here are 4 places I stayed at.
Some of these stays were sponsored, but my thought are my own.
Tipis in Grasslands National Park:
- hiking at your door step
- bring a mattress
- bring blankets and warm clothes
- Bathroom ( toilets) available
- picnic area
Otentik at Grasslands National Park:
- sleep 6
- So cute!!
- Frenchmen Valley Campground
- Table/ chairs
- Bring blankets
- Close to Prairie dog colony and hiking trails
Ghostown Blues Bed and Breakfast, Maple Creek:
- Redone old trucks, cattle wagons, and cabins
- Amazing décor and attention to detail
- Comfortable beds
- Meeting area
- Group bonfire
- Shared bathrooms and showers available
- You need to see this place. I can’t say enough about it. Seriously! You can sleep in a cattle wagon.
Hostoric Reesor Ranch, Cypress Hills:
- Century farmhouse
- log cabins
- double rooms available in hall
- horse riding tours
- guadding tours
- home cooked meals
- cowboy poetry
- hiking trails
- shared sitting room