Writer’s Block. Here are 15 random thoughts and memories involving moi.
1. Both of my teaching jobs have been cultural experiences. The first in Taiwan, and the past eight years at a Hutterite Colony in Saskatchewan. Both places have provided me with delicious daily lunches. I can’t imagine having to pack a lunch!
2. At one time I had 14 siblings. This included step and half.
3. I have been to 19 countries, if you count The Vatican.
4. The Vatican bored me beyond belief.
5. The first time I ate raw fish I was in a fish market surrounded by live, dead, and chopped up creatures. They handed me a piece on a toothpick.
6. I tried scuba one time. With no training. I spent more time trying to figure out the breathing than actually exploring the sea.
7. I once tried to make a guard laugh. I felt like an idiot. Those people are well trained!
8. I have lived in 18 different homes. 5 were in my home town.
9. The population of my home town is around 200. I spent 15 years there.
10. My dad is the mayor of that town and when I was around 20, someone told me I should run for the spot.
11. I went on a Youth Educational Tour to Greece when I was 16. Now, I have taken one group of teens overseas.
12. I hate politics.
13. I just disagreed on FB with my former teacher who I respect and love as a teacher and person. It felt really weird, but I stood up for what I believed in, and that felt great.
14. That disagreement had something to do with human rights being more important than sports and medals.
15. I think I will get back to my red wine. Hopefully will think of something to blog about next time!
Have a great weekend!