Most of you know that getting myself off of the couch and exploring my own Canadian province, Saskatchewan, has become one of my goals. I have done and seen some amazing things all over the world and now need to take advantage of what adventurous possibilities are close to home. I have never been a planner, but figured that by posting some of my Saskatchewan “musts” it might hold me accountable. ( And maybe my friends will volunteer to drag/ join me.)
There are soooooo many more things to do, but this is a start. Only 2 months until holidays!!!!!
- Ride the Southern Prairie Railway train in Ogema, Sk , and experience a mock train robbery. My sister lives there, so I have all the connections I need!
- Visit the Tunnels of Moose Jaw and experience what is was like to be a smuggler during prohibition or a Chinese immigrant to Saskatchewan. I love that the tour guides get right into character! I know I toured these when I was young, but need to go back now that I understand what they are talking about….and maybe join the fight against prohibition. 😉
- Zip line with Cypress Hills Eco Adventures. You don’t have to go to Mexico to zip line. The Cypress area has soooo many things to offer. Hiking, camping, lodging, and endless beauty. Ok, sometimes, in southern Saskatchewan, a girl just wants to see trees!
- Sky Dive!!!! I have paid for this!!! Just need to get it booked. Yikes!!
- Take our canoe and spend a few days exploring the South Saskatchewan River. I live so close to the river and am embarrassed that, other than a few fishing days, I have not spent much time exploring the water and its shoreline. I want to be nervous in our tippy canoe. I want to sleep in our tiny tent in random flats, and worry about cows and farmers, and I want to watch my husband clean fish and cook them for me over a campfire!
- Swim/ float in Manitou Springs, Canada’s “ Dead Sea.” Why haven’t I been here???
- Hike the Big Muddy Bad Lands. My gym membership is being wasted. And I am still on the couch. I need natural beauty to explore and make me feel like I am not really exercising.
- Hike, explore, hang out with buffalo in Grasslands Provincial Park. This is also an attraction that is fairly close to home. And it is also one I have not explored. Man, I have sucked as a Sask. citizen! No more!
- Hike the Boreal Trail in Meadow Lake Provincial Park. Trees, and lakes, and….http://media.sasktourism.com/story-ideas/destinations/the-boreal-trail
- Visit the Ukrainian Museum of Canada in Saskatoon. My Husband’s family is all Ukrainian/ Polish. Ok, I suck at museums but, if I am going to go to any, this should be it.
So, here it is. My list. What advice can you give me and what other Saskatchewan attractions do you recommend??